Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gourmet Family Picnic

Yesterday morning Southbank Corporation officially opened River Bend, Brisbane's newest riverfront recreational greenspace at Southbank.

I was asked by KDPR to create a gourmet family picnic to showcase how this space can be utilised.

The Honourable Anna Bligh MP Premier of Queensland was there to give her seal of approval to this beautiful outdoor space. There is even a little beach for you to arrive via kayak if you are so inclined.


Green Space Opening 1

Green Space Opening 2

In keeping with the Premiers Healthy Eating policy we served a delicious homestyle menu of:

  • Zesty creamy chicken with avocado and rocket cibata
  • Beetroot, sweet potato, chickpea and balsamic onion salad
  • Organic museli and raspberry yoghurt served in individual jars
  • Maui Muffins made with pineapple, apple, carrot, walnuts and shredded coconut.
  • Fresh fruit

Thank you to Esther from In A Pickle for helping with the menu selections. I cannot recommend In A Pickle more highly for your next function.

All images Sharnel Dollar for Sharnel Dollar Designs

If you would like help creating a fabulous party of your own contact me about our event styling services. You can also purchase many items I use in my parties here.


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the riverbed picnic idea. The menu really is sumptuous, just prefect for the kids,teens and adults. Might as well pay some visit there. :-) buyaionaccounts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picnic looks amazing - and I especially loved the rattan chargers you used. Were they Pottery Barn? I was on their site last week and saw they are about to start shipping to Australia (yay!). I thought maybe you'd picked them up on your recent trip to the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi - thanks for stopping by. The charges i've had for years and purchased them from Mandalay Designs however they are a wholesaler only.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx