Friday, September 2, 2011

Wonder filled weekend

Carnations

I shouted myself some $9.99 carnations on the way back home from the school run this afternoon. Goodness knows it's about the only way one is going to receive flowers for no reason in particular.
The light in our formal lounge was magical so I quickly snapped these images. I attend a photography workshop presented by Leanne Stamatellos last weekend. Oh my, I can't tell you how excited I am about photography again. I feel I have a (very) small hold on what all those buttons are for!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend. We have a few things planned but I'm just going to enjoy being with my beautiful family. My husband is taking our two children to Africa for three weeks and they leave next week. I'm already missing them to the point my heart is hurting. My head tells me they will be safe but my heart is saying otherwise.



11 comments:

  1. Oh, three weeks without your babies - tough! Maybe think of all that time to master that nasty manual setting on the camera....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I'm doing Leanne's workshop in October...I'm really looking forward to learning what the heck all those buttons mean!!
    Enjoy your weekend with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, and beautiful photos. I need to get myself booked into a photography course too. I adore taking photos but want to be better at it.
    Have a happy weekend! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOw strange - I left you a comment when you first posted and it hasn't come up here :(

    Anyway, I said how beautiful the pic was and how I thought you had a great hold now on what i taught you - love these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos sharnel! and that pink hobnail is gorgeous. have a lovely weekend with your family x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers! And I hope those three weeks just fly by for you x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh my heart would be aching too! Hopefully youll be busy to make the time go a little faster but I dont think anything will really make the pain go away( although blogging and blog friends do help too). Love the look of the blue book under the flowers. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! Loving the pinkness of these. Enjoy the wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photo my beautiful friend. I can't wait to do Leanne's course next month!

    I'll be here to help you through the 3 weeks - we can be naughty and laugh lots and drink bubbles!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those carnations with the pink tips are so beautiful, and in that heavenly vase. I think you did a wonderful job of your photography. Wish I could learn how to take mine off the automatic setting. Drives me nuts when my ambition outreaches my skill. And I can imagine how you must be feeling about having the kids away. I felt sick for weeks before I went to the US, kept crying when I thought about leaving them, and kept having anxiety attacks whenever I thought about how far away I would be and it just about ruined my trip - at least until I got there. They will be fine with their Dad, and have an amazing time, and you will have three weeks to yourself which you will start to really enjoy after the first couple of days of worry and missing them. You won't know yourself and will get so much done. My advice, make the most of it, doesn't happen very often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx