Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Olivia's World Tour 2012

WARNING! This is going to be a long post with loads of images.

Olivia recently celebrated her 8th birthday in rockstar style.  Our gorgeous girl (who we call Presh) is so into her music (in particular One Direction), it was no surprise she requested a rockstar party.  If you've been following my blog for the past four years you would know that I love my children's parties to tell a story and the theme to be carried through from the invitation to final goodbyes.  There are alot of images here but I want you to see how the party progressed and get a sense of what it was like to be at Olivia's World Tour 2012.

I sincerely hope you enjoy looking through these images captured by Leanne Stamatellos Photography.  

storyboard008

storyboard003

storyboard011

storyboard009

storyboard010

storyboard007

storyboard006

storyboard002

storyboard001

storyboard013

storyboard034

storyboard018

storyboard017

storyboard020

storyboard016

storyboard015

storyboard014

storyboard021

storyboard022

storyboard023

storyboard033

storyboardcomp001

storyboardcomp003

storyboardcomp002

I have a wonderful team of talented vendors to thank for making Olivia's birthday so special.

Artwork including invitations, dessert table backdrop and signage, CD artwork, autograph book all by Ham & Pea Design.  Li-Ann is seriously clever.
Photography by Leanne Stamatellos Photography.  Leanne has now photographed Olivia's 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th birthday parties.
Birthday cake and desserts by Coby at The Lemony Cupcake.  Coby's attention to detail and service is second to none.
Entertainment by Tiana Dance Parties.  Tiana kept the guests moving and shaking.
Makeup by Kimberely Steer
Hair by Tina Demos from Indigo Cut & Colour.  Tina and Kimberely - you both did a fantastic job transforming our party rockers.
Tassel garland by Blush loves Mint.  Gorgeous garland - thank you!
Party design & styling by Sharnel Dollar Designs.  Yay for me!



13 comments:

  1. Fabulous party! Olivia looks like she had a rocking good time. What a great idea of the CD as a party favour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was spectacular! I wish I could pin some of those great ideas, though. I'm afraid I'll forget where I found them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! I am so excited to start planning birthday parties for our little girl. Is it bad I am already thinking ideas for her first birthday and she isn't even born yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - fantastic. Looks like they had a blast and as ever the details are sublime. I would have loved the party too, especially if they were playing a lot of One Direction! My she has grown up since last year's Mary Poppins party. Bless her, she's such a spunk too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous party Sharnel! Olivia and her friends look like they were in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! Although Oliva and I have vastly different taste in music I still think we should be friends . . preferably before her party next year! haha.
    lovT

    ReplyDelete
  7. incredible. adore the dessert table and all the details are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great party! love the backdrop table and mics. such a cool theme for a little girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every detail is just phenomenal! You can sure tell that a lot of love went into this event!! That table backdrop is incredible, and I love the idea of the custom CD's too! You can really see the kids had such a fun day!! I'll second another commenter... YOU are a rockstar Sharnel!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work as usual Sharnel! - love the microphone pops and the dancefloor. the light box 'seats' are fabulous as well. Looks like everyone had a ball!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it all. This would have been exactly what I wanted at 8. What a great, cool mum you are. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree...such a dream party theme for that age group! And those microphone pops are so clever. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx