Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sad times

It's been an emotional few months in our house with the deterioration of my Dad's health. On top of this my brother had a serious car accident a month ago and is still in hospital. Hopefully he will be discharged in 3-4 weeks. Well, that's the plan. He relied heavily on my Mum, Dad and I before the accident and now even more.
About four weeks ago our dear kitty Simba had a turn for the worse. She is in stage four kidney failure and is slowly dying. The vet said she is not in any pain, but seeing her lose weight rapidly makes us wonder.
It just amazes me how much love a little furry friend can give. Simba sleeps under my arm each and every night and I'm going to miss that more than anything. The sound of her soft purr, her silky coat and the way she would pad her paws against my rather padded chest.
She has only days left and we are left trying to decide when that day will be. I know I need to be the strong one here, for my husband and my daughter. William is still a little young to totally understand what is happening.
Keep our dear Simba in your thoughts over the next few days. She has given us more love than you can imagine. The only condolence is that she will be with her best friend and sister Picki soon.

UPDATE - as of Monday 1st March, Simba our dear kitty is still with us. Thank you for all the lovely messages. It's so good to hear there are so many other animal lovers out there.
xx

simba



20 comments:

  1. Oh Sharnel - my heart is breaking for you. I know the love a little furry friend can bring, they truly are another family member. Thinking of you all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly sorry for everything that has/is happening. I'm thinking about you and your family (that also means simba).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for all that you are going through! The month of Feb has been a tough one for us as well.

    Sending some virtual hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless!! I had similar happenings in my family this last year with my father (he passed away last March) and others. I understand your family's position right now and I wish all concerned peace. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending you prayers.
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to here what you're going through... Sending love and prayers...
    Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beautiful big bear, you know that I know....sending all my love and beautiful wishes to Simba and thinking of you, Perry and the bubbas....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm saying a prayer for you. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much loss right now. Pets are truly family at our house, too. You reminded me of my sweet moments with my childhood cat and remind me to hug our grandma-aged dog a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pain of losing a pet is an especially terrible one, I have been there before. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow thats a lot to digest and have had to say goodbye to 2 pets because of sickness so I know how that feels but as for the rest, you don't know me and I'm just a recent reader I just wanted to send you a big hug anyway and wish you lots of strength and love for your family !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharnel, I'm so sorry that you've been given so much sadness at the moment. I don't know why that happens....some stages of our life are just weirdly out of balance with sadness. It bites the big one. I'll be praying for all of you and little Simba also. That photo is a heartbreaker... Meredy xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharnel - with tears in my eyes I send you big big hugs - my thoughts and prayers are with you as such a tough and emotional time in your life. Much love Leanne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you Sharnel, it is heart breaking losing a much loved fur baby. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sharnel - that is just so sad - Simba is obviously a very loved and cuddled little friend who sounds like she has had a lovely life. Thinking of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending my love and thinking of you and your family, a day at a time chic xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need a big hug and lots of support with all that you have on your plate. All of your dear family members (kitty too) are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sharnel - I'm sorry for all the sadness and unhappiness that is in your life at the moment. Losing your darling Simba on top of everything else that is happening must be heartbreaking. I'm thinking of you. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Sharnel ~ we went through this a few years back with our Sasha. It was one of the hardest times in my life. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers ~ it is just not fair that you guys have so much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It seems that life is testing you at this time!! Stay strong, my sister had a very bad car accident some time ago and we have just celebrated her 40th birthday(her story is on my blog). I remember at that time there were a series of events (as you are now experiencing)that happened. Stress can manifest itself in many different ways. Look after your health, look after your spirit. I am sorry to hear on top of everything, Simba is also not well....my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx