Friday, January 1, 2010

New year trials and tribulations

I haven't posted about my Dad and is health for awhile. He has been doing remarkably well, powering through his daily physio sessions. Whilst he is still in hospital he has been able to go home on weekends for the past month and enjoy his own home and surroundings.
On Tuesday he was lying on his stomach doing an exercise and as he rested on one of the two tumours he has remaining on his head he started to feel unwell.
One of the tumours bleed and he is now back in Brisbane awaiting major surgery on Tuesday of next week.
His speech has been affected and I can see he is tired and just needs a rest. I don't want him to rest, as this may mean giving up. But god damn it he needs a rest. His mind and his weary body needs a rest.
We held hands yesterday and he spoke of death and always being here for me. He said I can always speak to him, no matter what happens. He will be listening, but he just won't be able to speak back.
It's also his birthday today. He turned 57. What do you give a man that is fighting for his life? Seems pretty pathetic to me, gifts for someone who is fighting for their life. I just want to give him good health. That's all. Is it too much to ask? Just give him a break. Please.

2797326599_abe7b99746

Image from here


6 comments:

  1. Sharnel, I'm so sorry regarding the news of your Dad's health problems. I'll be praying for him and for you also. Meredith xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharnel ~ I am so sorry to hear what your Dad is going through. Sometimes I just throw my hands up in the air and ask why?? My thoughts and prayers are with you and will also pray for a successful surgery next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharnel, I am sending love to you and your Dad. I'm sorry I cannot do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dad sounds like a very strong and very wise man..Enjoy your time with him. Sending prayers and good wishes to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sharnel. I am so sorry for you.... My heart and prayers are with you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your dad Sharnel xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx