Monday, October 4, 2010

The countdown is on

Only eight more sleeps and I'll be on my way to the USA. The mum in me is feeling a little uneasy, as I'll be saying goodbye to my husband and children the day before I head off, as they are going on their own African adventure. My husband is from Zimbabwe and is returning home to visit his parents with our children. I know they'll be safe and loved and that's all the matters, but no one dresses children like their Mumma right?

So next Wednesday I'll board the plane and will head to San Fran to meet up with an online friend I've never met. Glory from Glorious Treats and I have been great online friends for many years. I don't know how many emails we've sent back and forth over the years. I cannot wait to met her! We are lucky enough to be spending five nights together, bunked up like schoolgirls talking about everything from cakes and parties, to family and life. CAN NOT WAIT! You should see the list of places we have to visit. It's long and very detailed.

Another one of my very dear online friends who lives in NZ just happens to be in San Fran at the same time. Both Glory and I are friends with her and we feel so fortunate to be able to finally meet up with Kathryn for a day of shopping and lunch. Kathryn is currently on a world trip with her husband celebrating her 40th birthday! Happy Birthday Kathryn. Did you enjoy eating that macaron in Paris on your birthday?

We are also very much looking forward to lunching with Michelle from Cakewalk Baking (that Strawberry Party of hers still blows me away) and new Mum - Becca from Birthday Girl. Michelle and her husband have just opened a new restaurant in Berkeley CA called Zut! and it's getting some rave reviews. Can't wait to try one of your desserts Michelle! Michelle has promised to take up on a little shopping tour of the local area too. Anthropologie here I come!

Another reason for my visit to source gorgeous new things for my shop. Yes, I know. It's a tough life, but someone has to do it ;-)

So that's the San Fran leg of my journey mapped out. I'll be back later this week to tell you about the rest of my trip.


13 comments:

  1. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable trip, Sharnel. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

    Katena xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremeley Kelly green with envy! Have a blast!! KG xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun time you girls are going to have! Enjoy your "me time"! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Hope you have a safe and happy trip abroad - look forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sharnel,
    Don't worry.. I felt exactly the same, leaving the boys for 10 days to do the New York trip. But you will have a great adventure. We visited Anthropologie when we were in SoHo (OH MY GOD!!) it was gorgeous. Also must do The Mens Ralph Lauren store in Madison Avenue!!! Truly gorgeous.
    You will truly be in your element with all the fantastic merchandising. Have fun xx Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharnel! I am in Oregon!!! I'm the one that wants the cute little glass milk bottles. If you feel like dropping by Oregon, I'd love them!! Have a safe trip! I've blogged about ADORABLE Glory!!! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a trip! You are going to be one busy little social butterfly.

    I <3 Anthropologie (and their candles)

    BuBbles
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharnel, have the best tim ever, and whilst inSan Fran you HAVE TO visit Crown and Crumpet - their tearoom and little shop is just up your alley, and I am sure you will love it as much as I did!
    www.crownandcrumpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad I'm there too! NY here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to more stories and pictures when you return! Have a safe trip! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx