Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All systems go

I've been a bit distracted of late. Husband is away, I'm sick and Olivia's birthday party is this weekend. It's been a blur of pick up's and drop off's, sewing, fondant, tulle, lollies and menus for me this past week.

In between this all, many many phone calls to my Dad to see how he is doing. I can't visit him while I am sick for fear of passing on germs. I think once next week is done and dusted we might rent a holiday house at the Sunshine Coast for a week so we can visit him each day. He doesn't have much energy so short regular visits might work better for him.

I still can't get my head around what is happening to him. And then I start thinking about what he is going through and I feel guilty for feeling my feelings. Oh what a wicked web we weave for ourselves.

Throughout these past weeks I've been on the receiving end of some warm and giving gestures. People that I didn't expect it from either, which made it all the more special.

If you can find it in your heart to pray for my Dad, I would be ever so thankful. His name is Gary and he would love for you to pray for his remaining time here with us be as pain free as possible. Also for him to be able to walk a little longer, for him to be able to take his daily walks that he loved so much. To have the energy to play his guitar too, another of his hobbies.

5 comments:

  1. I will keep you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are feeling better soon and that the birthday party is a smashing success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving you my friend and sending positive thoughs to your dad....

    enjoy your weekend ... super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sharnel, I can only imagine what you are going through. Your dad seems like such a sweet man. this must be very difficult for you.
    We will pray for him and your family.
    Keep strong and all the best for Olivia's party. She is a very lucky girl!
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lori, Susie and Hayley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharnel, I found a link to your site on Amy Atlas' site.

    I love your creativity and inspried beauty in things. I was touched by your desire for your Dad to walk his beloved walks and I will pray for your father, Gary that he continue to do things he loves in a little pain as possible.

    Blessings,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx