Thursday, July 9, 2009

Desperation

That is how I feel at the moment. I'm desperate. Not sure what to do, what to say, how to act.
I've been sitting here for an hour trying to soak up the news my Dad sobbed to me over the telephone.
He has been sick for many, many years (20 years infact) with an extremely rare form of cancer that just keeps reappearing year in year out. This past year has been pretty horrible. The growth rate of the tumors has been fast to say the least.
They are now affecting his mobility. Yes, they are paralizing him and he is loosing his ability to walk. He was told this would most likely occur, but he has been praying it wouldn't.
My Dad is the most positive, inspirational person you could meet. He has beaten the odds on too many occasions.
To hear your own Dad sob to you over the telephone what is happening is gut wrenching. I know this is a really personal story to write, but I felt I must. I just need to get it out. I'm probably not even making much sense.



9 comments:

  1. Sharnel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....so sad to hear this news, and here's to your father beating the odds again... Be sure to turn to your friends and family for comfort to get you through this tough time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this news Sharnel, so sorry to hear about the state of your dads health. Keeping positive thoughts in the front of my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sharnel,
    I'm so sad about to hear this. I pray for you, your Dad and your family. You all must be strong enough to keep your dad feel good. We believe in my country that "every night has a morning"...Please keep motivated and never show your sadness to your Dad. My prayers are with you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sharnel, I haven't commented on your blog before, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your Dad and I hope he is ok, my prayers are with you and him. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comments. Means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, thankfully he has your love and support. My heart goes out to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sharnel -- i have been secretly following your blog for months now... to read something like this from you is just heart breaking. my father had cancer too. we all thought it was a long battle at 7 yrs until we lost him 4 years ago... but your dad has been battling it for 20 yrs! just admirable. i wish you and your family well despite this sad news and will hope for the best and nothing more for your father.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Again, thank you for your supportive comments. I'm about to head up the coast to see him now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that just breaks my heart, i am so sorry to hear about your father.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx