Thursday, November 26, 2009

Candy Cane Chocolate Hearts

candy cane hearts

Here is a super easy (and tasty) treat you can make in minutes. I think these would be gorgeous bagged up little cellophane bags tied with pretty ribbon.
They would also be an easy activity to do with children on the school holidays.

What you will need:
Candy canes - if you want to make 10 hearts, you'll need 20 candy canes
White chocolate
Dark chocolate
Sprinkles or non-pareils

What to do:
Unwrap all your candy canes and place them in the shape of a heart on baking paper.
Heat chocolate and spoon into the centre of the hearts. Be sure to fill all the little nooks.
I made all of mine with dark chocolate base and topped some with white choc as well.
Sprinkle with your choice of non-pareils an let set. Note that white chocolate takes a little longer to set than dark choc.

Now, nibble on them with a friend with a good cup of coffee or give as a sweet gift this Christmas.

:: Candy Cane Chocolate Hearts ::

Enjoy!


18 comments:

  1. Yum - perfect for gifts. Thank you Sharnel. Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! I am picturing these in a cellophane bag with some pretty ribbon - great gift idea! Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and great idea! Thanks for share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea! I will have to make them with my kids - and eat them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too sweet! Thanks for the recipe. Happy Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're too clever for words Sharnel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for stopping by. Glad you like the candy cane hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the blog! appear on my zucchini Brazilian! I am following, I want to come back for more here! a sweet kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so yummy! will definitely be making this for my christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great twist on a classic candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I am going to do this on the weekend. You're like the Martha Stewart Christmas elf! Meredith xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are so creative! Thanks so much for the directions, I'll be linking to this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cute! I can't wait to make these with my daughter tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be darling for all of those left over candy canes for Valentine's day!- maybe even with a lollipop stick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx