Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gingerbread Cookies

For those readers who wanted a simple cookie recipe that tastes great, but doesn't need a whole lot of decoration, then have I got the cookie for you.

Let me introduce you to ......

Picture 3

Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients

6 tablespoons of golden syrup


150 grams of butter


2 tablespoons of water


3 teaspoons of ginger


2 teaspoons of all spice


150 grams of sugar


1 teaspoon of baking soda


450 grams of flour




Method

Pre heat oven to 180ยบ Celsius

In a large saucepan place golden syrup, sugar, water and spices. Using a wooden spoon, mix together over low heat. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.


Remove from the element.

Add butter then baking soda and stir well.

Slowly add the flour, mixing together to form a dough.

Spread some flour thinly on a board and taking half the dough, roll it out thinly and cut into shapes.

Bake for approx. 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Recipe from Steph via Kathryn


5 comments:

  1. YUM!!! i love gingerbread, my all time fave, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious recipe. I'm definitely going to give this a try. (you'll understand my joy at the "no decoration" aspect if you read my last post). Thanks for more lovely Christmas inspiration. Meredy xo.
    p.s how's your Dad's rehab coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sharnel, you did mention this one last week at the class so thanks for following it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made gingerbread biscuits last year and gave these are gifts. I put them in small preserving type jars and then put a big festive bow around them - everyone here in France loved them

    Leeann

    ps love your blog, so pleased that I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you've done it! I'm dreaming about gingerbread cookies. Ahh... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx