Wednesday, September 9, 2009

African Family Adventure

Gerry and my favourite African bird, the lilac breasted roller

Zebras on the plain

Buck at sunset

Well it's official. Tickets have been booked and we are off on our first overseas family holiday.

Seems so funny saying that. As a kid, the only place I ever went was Caloundra for family holidays. We would always go just before or after school holidays to save a little money on peak season rates.

So our destination: Zimbabawe! My husband was born and raised there and moved to Brisbane (by himself) to study in the early 1990's. His mum lives with us on our property and his Dad still works in Zimbabwe on various mines.

His parents are selling their family home, so Perry wanted our children to see where he grew up and meet Betty, who has been with his family since he was a tiny tot.

Feels like I've got a million things to do before we leave in two weeks time. I've got a trade fair to attend and suitcases to pack. Better get moving!



8 comments:

  1. How fabulous - hope you have a wonderful time! Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... thats lovely!! Do have a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting - have a fab time. Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. what how incredibly exciting and touching! Eveything about it is heartwarming, have a wonderful adventure...
    Karenj

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I know how special this journey is for the whole family, I'm so happy for you and the Presh and the Prince.

    Trade fair - what trade fair??? Ohhh you mean the one that we have been working on for months and months??? That little venture! Hehehehe yes yes off we toddle to the trade fair Big Bear and Brown Bear :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how wonderful. You will have a fab time. Have a great time at the Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special adventure! I hope you all have a wonderful and memorable trip. Can't wait to see some awsome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful time sharing your husband's home with your family. I am from Zimbabwe too, but now live in the USA. My family and my husband's family all still live there. I wonder if our parents know each other??? Small world probably! Have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx