Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Christmas

I know it's a little late, but here is a peek into our first Christmas in our new home.  We had the most relaxing two weeks together, too lovely for words really.  Not a contractor in sight (I think that was the best part).  Just lots of swimming, reading, DVD's and quality family time.  

Our Christmas tree with multi-coloured trim inspired by the Martha Stewart Living magazine cover from Dec 2006.


Our vintage ornament wreath hanging proudly on the front door - a collection that I plan to add to each year. All ornaments where purchased from USA eBay.


Gifts we gave to family and friends.  Cookie Jars complete with mix, recipe card and cookie cutter.


Each Christmas I like to wrap our gifts in a different colour theme.  I managed to use existing supplies this year and found a use for some lonely scrapbooking bit and pieces that have been sitting around for far too many years.  I love the mercury glass hearts and the quilted paper the most.


All images Sharnel Dollar

7 comments:

  1. Oh your christmas decoartions are just gorgeous!!! So lovely to have found your new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by. You are my very first comment. How exciting LOL. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sharnel - I am so excited to see what you post here :-)

    I know you have fabulous taste:-)

    Welcome to "interiors" blog land :-)

    Love Felicity (All Things Bright and Beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via Janet Hill's site. Looks like your blog is going to be lovely ! I'm also in the Kaffe Fassett fan club. I've loved his work for ages and a few years ago managed to attend one of his one day workshops - really great fun !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Chrsitmas tree is amazing!! Looking forward to reading more from your blog...

    -Miss Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharnel - how exciting - your blog is going to be the bomb darling!!!
    And I know where I have seen this wreath before..... my goodness I LOVE your home. Looking forward to popping in daily Sharnel.
    Have a beautiful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous Christmas! I love the trees and wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx