Thursday, December 22, 2011

Traditions - Gingerbread House Decorating

Only 2 more sleeps until (in the words of Michael Buble) the big fat man with the long white beard arrives.

We have been busy doing nothing really. Lots of visits to the park, Manly Esplanade, kite flying, swims, morning teas with friends and sending off the last orders before Christmas.

One of our family traditions is building and decorating a gingerbread house. There is something so magical about it isn't there? Like you are in your very own version of Hansel and Gretel.

Here is Olivia and William's finished house. Absolutely no help from Mum. One year I will do my own. I dream about it. What lollies to decorate with, where I would place them. What sort of roof I would make. Maybe next year?

Gingerbread House

I hope everyone is enjoying the lead up to Christmas. We are having a very quiet day here. Just the four of us enjoying each others company. Lunch will be ham and seafood (bugs and prawns!) and salads. Perry has requested a trifle. Easy. Trifle is such an unrated dessert in my opinion. It's up there with pavlova. Dead set winners in my humble opinion.


4 comments:

  1. Love a gingerbread house! I attempted one a few years ago, and I'm not sure what when wrong (I was following instructions from Martha Stewart), but it somehow ended up looking like a gingerbread shack. The witch was not living in high style at my house - it had half a roof (the other half slid off) and the walls were propped up by a jar of jam inside. Plenty of lollies will always cover all sins though!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Sharnel! Wishing you & your family a fab Christmas & a brilliant new year. Thanks for a year of amazing inspiration & products!

    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Sharnel, hope it is a wonderful one for you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!!! I think they did a great job!
    Merry Xmas and a Happy new year!
    xox Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx