Thursday, May 31, 2012

My design process

I wanted to share with you the original sketch I did for the White & Pistachio Dessert Table.

sketch

powderroom001

image courtesy of Todd Hunter McGaw

As you can see the 'details' have changed a little but the main concept is there with wall panelling backdrop, the cake, meringue towers and tiered silver stands.

I always start with a sketch of my dessert tables and work from there gathering stands and vessels, selecting ribbon and right food labelling to match.

Thank you for all the kind words you have left Coby and I regarding this table here on my blog and on facebook.



4 comments:

  1. I, too sketch out my design mockup in a sketch pad or on white card stock paper. Wonderful to know that creative minds have like foundations. Thanks for sharing with us, Sharnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so fun... it's like a peek inside the mind of a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks divine Sharnel! Love the green and white together - simply gorgeous. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks absolutely wonderful, you've done a great job and that sketch is hectic!

    Thank you :)
    Mohka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx