Monday, November 15, 2010

Me and my BFF

Life has been hectic over the past few weeks however I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not like it's been so crazy that I'm out of control, but crazy enough that something's got to give and so the blog usually draws the short straw.

This week is no exception. However I thought I would start posting a few photos from my trip to San Fran and the big apple. To say I had a good time is an understatement. Without getting all Eat, Pray, Love on you my trip was quite cleansing for my soul. I had time to just be me. To reflect and to assess where I've been and where I'm headed.

There were not so good times too, like when I lost my bag in NY with my laptop and medication. That was not fun. And no, I still haven't had it returned. So with the laptop went all my photos from San Fran. And there were some good photos in there. Not great technically but great memories. Luckily I have a good memory hey?

So here's where I bore you with holiday snaps. I think I'll just post random ones. Cause that's just how I roll.

Amy Atlas and I in NYC

I'm going to start with the most impressive. I was fortunate to meet up with Amy Atlas while in NY. She is genuine and welcoming. I didn't feel at all intimidated by her. She was very complimentary to us party gals in Australia. She thinks there must be something in the water cause we all produce such well designed tables! Her book is due in the spring of 2012 and I for one cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.

So after we took this photo and I looked at the camera screen I realised how HUGE I looked in relation to Amy. She is tiny, tiny, tiny! So I sang her a little song and it went a little something like this.

"Fatty and skinny went for a race, up and down the pencil case. Fatty fell over and skinny won the race." You had to be there, it was pretty damn funny.

Thank you Amy for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me. I truly appreciate it.

I'll be back with more happy snaps soon.


10 comments:

  1. omgosh! how exciting!
    and you are too funny!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look stunning in that dress - it is amazing! Skinny sschminny - size 0 is so yesterday!!!! Can't wait for more snaps......KGx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing time you must have had, Sharnel, and you look gorgeous in this photo, I love your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress too where did you get it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what an amazing experience to have meet Amy Atlas! You both look gorgeous, love your dress Sharnel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOP IT! You are gorgeous and so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharnel, you so funny! :)
    Looks like you had a really nice time in the US!

    I used to live in the UK and still watch Aussie soaps, I know, my guilty pleasures :)

    XOXO
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh you are just gorgeous. i found your blog today and it's so beautiful and inviting.
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx