Thursday, April 2, 2009

A little bedroom love


I've just discovered the work of interior designer Kristen Buckingham via Little Green Notebook and I'm smitten.


I wish I'd seen this photo before building our house. I just love the little alcove bookshelves. I think this sort of feature in a new build home gives it character and lends itself to feeling the house has been there a little longer than it really has.

This whimsical lamp base would look right at home in my daughter's bedroom. Isn't it the cutest?


I'm currently on the look out for a sweet shelf similar to this one to hang in Olivia's room.  I'm open to all ideas: buying it complete, having it made or finding a vintage shelf that needs a little lovin'.  This gorgeous one is from Cox and Cox in the UK, found via ABT.

The one below is available in Australia from The Princess and the Pea but is only 77cm wide, so if anyone knows of where I could find a pretty little shelf please drop me a line.


Image 1 & 2 via Kristen Buckingham
Image 3 via Room Service Home
Image 4 via Cox and Cox

2 comments:

  1. I just love this boys room also - I have this image saved for inspiration for one of my sons (I haven't decided which one yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoOooohh, lovely! I am especially loving the first photo's photo arrangement on the wall. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx